Wednesday, January 11 is National Take the Stairs Day and the American Lung Association is encouraging area residents to take the stairs for their health and to support lung health in Georgia!
New year, new you! Take the first steps towards healthier habits in 2023.
Stair climbing is a great way to burn calories but is also a simple way to improve your overall health.
- Stair climbing burns two to three times more calories than other exercise. In fact, stair climbing requires 8-11 calories of energy per minute!
- Climbing stairs can support lung health
Overall benefits of adopting stair climbing as your exercise of preference include:
- Build and tone and muscle
- No need of any special equipment
- May be incorporated at any point throughout the day
- Burns fat and calories
- Increases heart rate
- Builds lower body muscle mass
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Increases stamina and energy
The American Lung Association has a stair climbing event coming up in Atlanta to support the work of the Lung Association, champion clean air for all, and improve the quality of life for those living with lung disease. Sign up for the Fight For Air Climb to tackle the stairs of 191 Peachtree Tower on April 22. For the event, participants will climb 51 floors at 191 Peachtree Tower.
For FREE registration to the Atlanta Fight For Air Climb, visit ClimbAtlanta.org Tuesday, January 10th and Wednesday, January 11th for a one-time special promotion.